Tuesday, August 12, 2014

You Learn Something New Everyday -- If You're Not Careful

This e-book publishing experience is quite enlightening.

Any slug, such as myself, can publish through the marvel of modern-day e-publishing.  But I was amazed to learn how developed and mature this industry has become.

Many folks know that e-book sales have spiked in the past 10 years and show no signs of letting up. So, I suppose that it why this publishing vehicle has such complexity built-in behind its apparent simplicity.

What am I talking about?

I recently published this book at SmashWords but only yesterday learned that real humans "vet" theses works to ensure that they meet all formatting requirements before shipping it to Apple, Barnes & Noble, Kobo, and another dozen outlets.

The book is available at https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/465776 and http://www.amazon.com/Your-Jesus-GPS-Direction-Personal-ebook/dp/B00MJDCYS2/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1407776112&sr=1-1&keywords=your+jesus+gps
 Once my book passes this human vetting phase, there will be many more places to purchase it.

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment