Saturday, August 30, 2014

Life Keeps Going On

Well, my friends, it's been a while since I have posted to this blog. Have you missed me?  I missed you.

Nothing new to report --  except life has been happening, and the need for Jesus in it.  It is so easy for me, and I believe others, to fall into the drab humdrum of life and feel lost and empty.  These are not pleasant feelings.  Yet, Jesus offers enduring joy.  We have to latch on to Him.  We have to be part of Him.  We have to be infused with The Holy Spirit to achieve that sort of sense of purpose and hard-wired, meaningful joy.

My only advice is to read and pray, and pray and read for such peace, understanding, and connection with Jesus.  After all, in John 10:10 He said: "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly." (ESV).

The "thief" we know is Satan.  That's the source of our feeling of hopelessness and meaninglessness.  Yet, Jesus proclaims that He is here to provide life - abundant life.  Don't give up.  Don't give in.  Turn first, and always to Jesus, and learn about His glory, and grace, and power.

No comments:

Post a Comment