Friday, January 9, 2015

Holy Communion (Eucharist) for All Christians in 2017 #2017CommUnion

Hello, 2015 --

I trust all goes well for you in 2015.

I 'believe' I am still having problems with this Blog.  Folks cannot seem to respond.  Maybe that is because they are not 'registered' here in some form or fashion or perhaps the service is deficient.  I will continue to monitor.  I may change blog services.  Stay tuned.

For many years I have been troubled that all Christians cannot necessarily take communion at any Christian church.  For example, non-Catholics may not commune in Catholic churches and Catholics are advised not to take communion in Protestant churches.  I still need to research the Eastern Orthodox church, but I suspect 'universal' Communion for all Christians in that church is also problematic.

All baptized and believing Christians ought to take the Eucharist in any Christian church.  At least, that is my belief.  I realize that are many hurdles to this, as Catholics believe the bread and wine actually turn into Jesus's flesh and blood during Communion and Protestants, generally, see these 'elements' more symbolically.  In any case, any believing Christian believes Christ is LORD, died for our sins, is risen (resurrected), promises everlasting life, and will return to judge the living and the dead.

So, I am trying to mount a campaign, #2017CommUnion on Twitter, for all Christians to come together for communion by - or in -- 2017, the 500th anniversary of the Protestant Reformation.  I am suggesting -- and praying -- that we are can bury the hatchet after a half-millennium.

If you feel the same way, please Tweet the Pope (@Pontifex) and anyone and everyone else whom you feel should be engaged.  Perhaps we can change the world, for the better, and in the Name of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment